Blog news.

Poll

What would you like to see here? I have not asked you all recently, in fact the last time I asked there were only a couple of dozen (if that) people following this blog. Since then the numbers have mushroomed somewhat. Time for a poll!

Punic Wars Project

My summer has been a whirlwind this year, and for the first time in many a year I have fallen behind in my project work - namely the Punic War armies. I'm a few months behind schedule. I have only painted 1800 figures out of the 2100 or so I had to paint by the end of this month (still not bad for two years work). In the past I have been very strict on deadlines but, as there were events occurring beyond my control (including the suicide of my sister), I have decided to give myself a break. The project has a new deadline. It will finish before the end of March 2012. That should be enough time to finish the Spanish army (approx 350 done, 200 to go) and the last bits of the African side of the Carthaginian army (approx 270 done, 100 to go) plus some odds and sods including terrain.

Ager Sanguinis Punic Wars - Ager Proelii

Ager Sanguinis Punic Wars is currently at Miniature Wargames. All of the writing and photos have been done and handed on to Andrew Hubback. I think it will be published in the next couple of months - probably for Christmas. This is a full set of rules weighing in at 12,000 words (there or there abouts) that are to be published as one article (centrefold pull out) with cover page and card stock. It will be published under the title AGER PROELII (Field of Battle). If you liked Ager Sanguinis for the Crusades this is well worth picking up for upgrading that set of rules with some new and interesting ideas, many of which Peter and I used when fighting our recent Crusades campaign on the Isle of Fob. 

Next Year

Next year I will be project free. In the last six years I will have painted over 5000 28mm figures for myself plus several other bits besides. This does not mean I'll be idle though. My plans for next year (and the year after?) include the following:

7th Armoured Division November 41 at a ratio of 1:5 in 15mm (figs purchased).

15th Panzer Division November 1941 at a ratio of 1:5 in 15mm (figs purchased).

Seven Years War collection upgrade, including a total rebasing and increase from 16 to 24 man units, plus the painting of about 500 new figures (figs purchased) to beef up the unit numbers. This collection was created in my pre-project days.

Italian War collection upgrade. This is mainly a rebasing job, but somehow I've managed to pick up about 300 extra figs on ebay over the last four years so a bit of new painting.

Ancient Naval in 1:600. Just a few Xyston bits and pieces to do for this including about 20 ships to bring the fleet up to 120 vessels. I actually have to put my hand in my pocket for this one.

Project planning: Peninsular War. I'll be starting to collect the figures for this shortly. My plan is to part fund the collection with some article writing.

Thank You

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement in the comments section, not to mention the page hits every month; which are currently averaging over 8000. They have kept me at it this year - especially at some of the hard parts.

James Roach
 

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive