Here is a reminder of that first batch.
It was the first batch of two planned batches. They would be mixed together for plenty of variation in colour and pattern.
This week I finished batch two, and I based them up today. Here are both batches together.
I also included a couple of extra figures for men-at-arms command stands.
The batch was 26 figures in total.
I decided to carry on with the 'geometric pattern' approach in an effort to save time.
This was important as the second batch had twice as many figures riding barded horses!
As well as using the usual stripes, quarters and checks, I decided to pinch a a simple geometric petal design that I have used previously used on 'eastern / oriental' cavalry. It worked well, and was easy peasy to do once I worked out where to put the first 'flower' - mid top back, and front boss.
Below are some close ups of some of the more interesting figures in batch two. During the basing process (in the drying times) I painted up five new cavalry standards. These are all interchangable of course - they are on 3/32 tubing slotted over 0.047 gauge piano wire 'poles'.