Stage 2, month 1, a couple of yards


The first month of stage 2 is over and here is the product - just over 2 yards of bases. All figures are by Renegade. All painted in enamels by yours truly. I've stuck them onto 4mm plywood but will not do the scenic basing (I hate basing) until their are enough to make it worth while.
96 socii (Roman allies), comprising 2 units of hastati and 2 units of Principes, for the 'blue' and 'yellow' ala. (Is the plural for ala - alae?)

Hastati:

Principes:

96 Spanish scutarii. I like these troops a lot, but Rengade do not make command figures. Consequently I've had to get the Milliput out to fashion some cloaks, crests and trumpets.



Der Alte Fritz says I have got to do just over 800 (I didn't actually count the total) to finish this stage of the project at 135 a month. There are just over 600 now - a good start in anyones book, I think.
Next up, the last of the 'Trasimene' Roman infantry (96 figures) and then onto the Gallic infantry. I've just finished a couple of hundred Gauls for a client, so my 'hand is in', so to speak.
 

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive