Newly recruited Gendarme types

Someone once said that a wargamer could never have too many Landsknechts. Well the same goes for Gendarmes in my opinion. I have added another 6 units, each of 8 figures, to the 'heavy metal' pile. This week I painted half of them. This is a strange batch, in that it comprises several ebay purchases (hence only 5 barded horses in the mix instead of 8) rather than a chosen mix, but there is still enough variation to make them look irregularly dressed.

To speed up the painting I have not been over ambitious in the 'design' of dress. No vines and flowers in this batch, I'm afraid, just simple geometric designs. But, they look good enough for me.

Also, there is only one standard bearer. He was a spare from the re-basing of the collection. In the next batch of three units, I'll do 5 standard bearers - thus giving one for each new unit.

All figures are Foundry, but lances are by TAG. All were painted by me in Humbrol enamels, though the highlights on the metal bits is Vallejo (because Humbrol bright silver, is no longer bright!)

Anyway, here are the new additions. They still require some groundwork on the basing (as usual, LOL).








 

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive