A short guided tour of my war game room

Several people have commented on my war game room. I think it is time to show you around.

After climbing several flights of stairs (four storeys) to the top of the house we come to the door of the war game room. It opens.....
 As you walk through the door three large cabinets loom on the left - bulk army storage......
 Not all the cabinets are full, as yet, but they can each hold 2000 to 3000 figures. Above, and below, all space is utilised
This really is bulk storage, that top shelf holds 400 infantry....
And the handy middle drawers hold the accouterments of war..............
A small alcove is used for rules, safe campaign map storage and other bits and pieces........
Next to bulk storage is World War Two Corner. This features one of my better auction house buys - the oak glass doored cabinet cost £2 - and a rack of wooden file boxes from Ikea, upgraded with some brass knob handles.
Under the window is my work station. The chest of drawers holds client figures, and I'm sat typing on that laptop at this very moment; now gone........
I love my desk - another bargain from a bankrupt jewelry shop (£10). BTW, one of my most prized possessions is the tiger head motif: This is the original artwork for RAF 230 Squadrons 'badge' painted by my dad; it was made into a stencil that appeared on all their Puma helicopters.......
The centre of the room is taken up by my war game table. It is 12 x 6 and set on two banks of kitchen base units......
The units are full of terrain....................
Main lighting is practical rather than attractive - 9 foot of strip light.....
On the 'long wall' I've mounted 6 tall CD cabinets, all but one of which are use.............
So there it is. It's a big room (18 x 15 at its largest measurements) but it is looking pretty crammed. In six to eight years I'll run out of room - my bookcases are already in the spare room though, so you never know...........
 

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Blog Archive